Worth It

One student’s gain can make all the challenges of starting something new worth it. One of our Bobcat Bloggers, Kiley, has made tackling the blogging learning curve and starting this club completely worth it. She recently wrote about her transformation into a blogger in her school journal, and has given permission for us to post her heartfelt and honest words here, so enjoy!

What is Blogging? by Kiley (Grade 8)

A lot of people (even I at one point) think blogs are boring. Some imagine an older person who writes about food or movies. I used to think they were so boring and that no one would ever read blogs. Now that I have a blog, I have realized how many people actually read and enjoy them. Blogging is not just used to talk and write about one thing. It can be used to write about anything the writer wants. I write about many different topics and about how I feel about things. After deciding to do Bobcat Bloggers, I realized I enjoy writing and having others read my work. Sometimes, I worry if people will like it or will end up hating it. The main reason I continue to post is because I know even if others might not like the post, I do. My friends also do it with me and post pictures that they take; it is good for them because they can get more of a fan base. My main point is that I thought of blogging as being one way, but it’s really the complete opposite. I really enjoy it.

If you’d like to read more from Kiley, visit her blog by clicking here.

2 thoughts on “Worth It

1. I felt the exact same thing. Every time I post what I post I always ask myself, “what’s my purpose in blogging?” And whatever my answer is, at the end of the day I’m happy that I at least tried. (: